[uae] Re: Configuring key-mapping

  • From: Daniel Pimley <uae@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 07:37:03 +0100

On 14 Jul 2006, at 07:10, Richard Drummond wrote:

Okay, let's try something more useful. Suppose you wanted to swap the left Alt
and left Amiga keys. Do this with:

input.1.keyboard.0.button.64=KEY_AMIGA_LEFT
input.1.keyboard.0.button.115=KEY_ALT_LEFT

Hi Richard,

Please correct me if I'm wrong: in effect we're still stuck with TBFH, Numpad 8246, or cursors, but we can re-map these key events to different physical keys. What we're doing is like prising the keys off the keyboard and rearranging them. My concern is what happens to the B key if I re-map it's event to the G key? I'm assuming B is now a dead key. Likewise if I reassign TBFH to WSAD then the TBFH keys would all be dead, unless I reciprocally re-map WSAD to TBFH but that would be mind bending!

At the moment I think this can of worms is best left alone, but I I'll add support for right ctrl and right shift re-mapping for those frustrated laptop users. I know many people would like the option of customisable keys in Hi-Toro but I can see it generating a lot of technical support requests ;)

Regards,
Daniel Pimley