[uae] Bloody ALSA (was Re: Re: Source code snapshot)

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 00:43:24 -0500

Hi Jonathan

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 17:17, Jonathan Heaney wrote:
> Just my 2p here but I saw this running old games using wine on gentoo -
> it annoyed me to the extent I reverted to the closed OSS nvidia driver
> for my nforce 2 audio, and ditched alsa.

Rats!

You know, I've been a Linux user for over 8 years and in that time nothing has
been more of a pain in the bottom than audio support. It's well passed time
somebody sorted this mess out. :-b

Does anybody have ALSA output working without a 0.5 to 1 sec latency?

In fact, forget that. Can people give a report of what ALSA driver they are
using, which kernel, which libasound and whether they do or don't get a huge
latency when using E-UAE's ALSA sound driver?