[uae] Re: Better handling of the project

  • From: "Keith G. Robertson-Turner" <uae-freelists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 15:47:33 +0000

Verily I say unto thee, that Stefan Reinauer spake thusly:

> If folks are about to send replies to this list "but I can't code":
> That is something that can be learned. I myself taught myself C++
> when UAE was still written in C++ in order to be able to contribute.

IMO the biggest hurdle in contributing to UAE is not learning to code
per se, but learning the Amiga/68K architecture, which is a much more
difficult proposition. Granted there is much of UAE unrelated to JIT,
and one doesn't necessarily need to be Bernd Meyer to contribute some
useful enhancements or fixes, but ultimately I think even experienced
programmers might have difficulty really getting to grips with it.

> Now I go back to not contributing.

Sadly I must join you.

It's not that I'm not interested, it's just that there simply are not
enough hours in the day for me to pursue everything that interests me
... in computing and elsewhere.

I hereby renounce my right to complain about UAE's stagnation :)

--
Regards,
Keith G. Robertson-Turner