[uae] Better handling of the project

  • From: Giorgio <sukko.ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 12:06:24 +0100

Hi everybody,

am I the only on thinking that E-UAE/P-UAE definitely needs better handling
of the whole project? I mean: Mustafa is developing his version privately,
only sharing his changes at random intervals. Mark Lenders (nice nickname,
BTW) has posted his patches to enable bilinear filtering (or whatever), but
it is currently quite hard to get the right sources, apply the patch and get
everything working. Generally, if anyone wants to contribute a patch, he
would probably have a hard time choosing the right sources to patch against,
as there is no "stable" release at the moment.

I know someone has already proposed the idea, but I'm doing it again as it
seems to have just silently disappeared: let's register the P-UAE project on
Sourceforge/Google Code/Savannah/Whatever, and coordinate the work from
there, using a central CVS/Subversion/git repository, using the
bugzilla-like thingie to handle bugs, wishes, etc. This way everything gets
traced and clear.

I also would recommend Mustafa to work more carefully, taking care to
include each needed file and not to break compatiblity with other operating
systems, as it has happened in the past. Don't get me wrong on this: we are
really appreciating your work, but it risks getting lost if it is not
polished enough and/or if it is not handled and coordinated properly.

I hope everybody gets the point.
Giorgio