[uae] Basic question and scaling of UAE output

  • From: Jörg Knitter <joerg.knitter@xxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 11:57:11 +0100

Hi,

I am trying to set up UAE/E-UAE on my living room PC which is using linux (running mainly the PVR software "VDR"). As I am new to the linux version, there are some basic questions I did not find answers on when searching website(s) and the mailing list: - I can´t read from the website and the mailing list archive the exact difference between UAE and E-UAE. It seems to me, that E-UAE had once much more features than UAE, but after having compiled both versions (latest snapshots), UAE seems at least to have a more comfortable UI. - The main problem: I want to use UAE connected to a tube TV (expecting to buy a HD capable flat TV or beamer within the next 3 years :)) using the TV-out of an GeForce card. Next to the TV, there is still a LCD monitor for basic configuration issues. For simplicity reasons, I use the TwinView feature of the nVidia drivers for getting output on both devices at the same time. As all of the buttons of the nVidia driver configuration windows are only accessible with a resolution of 1024x768, this resolution is also displayed on the TV-out. If I enable the full screen option of UAE/E-UAE, the mode is not being switched and the Amiga screen is not scaled (neither on the monitor, nor on the TV) - and I get black bars all around. I also tried the sdl- and sdl-gl configure switches, but this also did not enhance the situation. Is there any way/parameter to scale the Amiga screen to 1024x768 or do I really have to set up a different TV out resolution (800x600 or 768x576 PAL) to get a full screen output on the TV?

With kind regards

Joerg