[uae] Re: Amithlon partitions

  • From: Martin Steigerwald <Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:52:47 +0200

Am Dienstag, 27. Juli 2004 22:42 schrieb Richard Drummond:
> Hi Martin

> > Rich, does your UAE 0.8.25 support it?
>
> I don't have Amithlon, so I can't test this myself - but in theory it
> should work. Mount the host partition (/dev/hda9 or whatever) as an RDB
> hardfile (i.e. don't specify the geometry in the config line). You may need
> to give yourself access permission to that partition in Linux - depending
> on how your system is set up.

Hello,

ah so it is just a usual hardfile?

Does any hardfile that is to be a partition need to have the type $76 to work
correctly? For the last tests the partition type of the hardfile partition
was Linux.

Anyway I think I tried almost every possible combination to get a hardfile to
work today evening. Nothing worked on my system.

Maybe I should switch back to Kernel 2.4.26 but I do not like to since Kernel
2.6.6 is working smoother on my system.

Regards,