[uae] Re: AmigaInput

  • From: Peter Gordon <pete@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: E-UAE List <uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 11 May 2006 14:16:45 +0000

Hello Richard,

> Nice to see you here. ;-)

Nice to be here. I didn't actually know this list existed until you
meantioned it on AW.net... :)

> On Wednesday 10 May 2006 03:34, Peter Gordon wrote:
>> I'm using the latest OS4 beta on AmigaOne XE-G4. I have a "hornet"
>> compatible gamepad in the onboard joystick port, which is set up and
>> calibrated in AmigaInput.

> OS4.0  version of SDL. The AmigaInput API is rather vague about reporting
> devices that are actually present (and causing faults when allowing you
> to use non-existent devices),

Hmm.. thats sounds really crappy. Presumably Stephan is going to improve
this? I hope so anyway..

> I'll send you some test code to run to find out why it's rejecting your
> stick.

OK cool.

Incidentally, do you think it would take a monumental amount of effort to
actually build E-UAE on OS4? If it built fairly easily on OS4 i might try
and contribute some code. Note, though, that I am utterly useless at taking
something that doesn't build on AmigaOS and fixing it.

Cheers,
Pete