[uae] Action Replay Broken

  • From: Steven Saunders <s_j_nevets@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 18:44:01 +1000 (EST)

Is anyone else having problems using the Action Replay in the current
version of E-UAE?

It used to work a while back, but now I get nothing.

I'm running in Mac OS X, on an intel Mac. I've tried the standard
ppc_sdl distribution and also building an intel-native version from
source myself with no luck.

I've spent several hours trying to make sense of the sections of the
source code dealing with the action replay, but all I've been able to
determine is that some spurious messages I see in the log about the
Action Replay's checksum being invalid have nothing to do with the
problem.

E-UAE patches the AR rom for KS2.0+ and also does a patch to remove
some kind of rom-checksum check.. then E-UAE re-does it's own
checksum check for some reason and reports that it failed,
unsurprisingly, but this failure is disregarded by E-UAE. I've tried
disabling both patches, but it makes no difference.

I have tried to look for recent changes to these areas of the source,
but I can't seem to find anything useful.

There is supposed to be an action replay "logo" screen that appears
briefly when you start-up or reboot, but this screen does not appear
when using an Mk2 or Mk3 rom.. It does appear using a Mk1 rom.. but
no matter which type of rom I use, nothing happens when I hit the
"freeze" button (F11-f on Mac OS X.)

Does anyone out there have any ideas on where the problem might be?

 Yahoo!7 Mail has just got even bigger and better with unlimited storage on all
webmail accounts.