[uae] Re: A bit of static/extern problems with GNU GCC 4.0.0

  • From: Markku Sukanen <daikane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 18:57:46 +0300

Richard Drummond wrote:

Hi Markku

On Friday 10 June 2005 04:27 am, Markku Sukanen wrote:

Things to notice/fix in CVS:

 - bootstrap.sh causes make to be called and it complains about missing
   "all" target for src/Makefile -- just a cosmetic "error", you have to
   anyway execute configure by yourself.

Um. bootstrap.sh doesn't run make. I wonder why this is happening for you?

Pretty good question. It didn't happen again though - but there was a scheduled rpm packages update between the first and next bootstrap.sh run. Go figure what happened...

Does the 'new' bsdsocket emulation work okay for you? I haven't tried it in a while, but it used to cause some inexplicable segfaults for me, and I never had the time to track down the precise cause.

Hmm no, had to recompile with --enable-bsdsocket. The 'new' code doesn't crash e-uae, but it doesn't work too well either. Basically it _seems to_ work - in a way that network apps don't outright complain about missing TCP/IP stack or alike - but eg. Voyager just sits there with a blank page (without reporting any errors).

--
 Alias: Dai Kane, Wuqensta          - Freelance Software Development