[uae] Re: 1&1 Internet spam

  • From: Lex Landa <brooknet@xxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 17:04:08 +0000

Peace at last!

Andrew 'Truck' Holland wrote:

Before anyone suggests anyone/volunteers, it's only fair that we know what
would be involved with that.  I can't imagine it's a LOT of work, but you
never know.  (I imagine it's a simple matter of approving messages and
removing bouncing email addresses?)

I agree. I'd volunteer myself, if I knew what being the admin of a mailing list requires. I have quite a lot of time on my hands at present, but also have a lot of projects going on at the same time, so I tend to lose focus on one thing as I catch up with something else. Well, that's me doing myself down, as usual!

And obviously the person should be impartial.  Not that we have 'factions'
or anything, but it would be bad to suddenly discover that people were off
the list for discussing puae development as it's "for e-uae only" or something
silly like that.

Yes, that would damage development and wouldn't be a good thing.

Lex

Oddly, that's one of my nicknames (:

I went through a period of using my real name ('Alexis') for a time, but I've never cared for it much (it reminds me too much of school and being shouted at by people in authority). One problem with the 'L.L.' name is that it's alliterative and is the name of a certain fictitious criminal mastermind. :)

Lex