[u3aavcuss] Re: help

  • From: Ron & Rosemary M - U3A <ronandrosemary62-u3a@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: u3aavcuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 17:06:03 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Jim

What I think you could do is firstly save (Save As) your file with another name
say V2. Then highlight the column (by clicking on the top header) in front of
where you want to insert and right click. This will give you the option to
insert new column. Now you can call this column say "Attend" and add a marker
say "+" against everyone that has attended. Now it is possible to select all
entries and sort on "Attend" and can see all those that have attended and all
those that have not.
Following from this you could add another column with those who have paid and
sort out those who paid but did not attend for example. It is worth having a
practise on some dummy data in the first instance.
I hope my explanation makes sense, it works with Excel 2007

Regards Ron :-)