[u3aavcuss] Re: CUSS Group Meeting - 5th October

  • From: "Schoon" <scally@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <u3aavcuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 17:23:46 +0100

CUSS Group Meeting - 5th OctoberDear Mike,
                I am very interested in the details you are discussing but I
cannot manage that day.  Is it possible to have a brief about the notes?   Joan
  Date: Friday 5th October
  Time: 15:30 (to 17:00)
  Location: Room L106

  This week's session will be:

  A Voyage Round My PC

  This is an Introductory Level session.

  Files & Folders
          How to find them
          What are they for
          Where is my file?

  Backup and Recovery
          Methods
          Media
          Value

  This session will be a mixture of description and practical investigation
using the Grange School PCs.

  Experienced members (and experienced non-members!) are welcome to attend to
lead one-to-one or small group sessions for paced practical investigation.

  The objective is to acquire understanding as well as step by step methods to
find, locate, save, restore and use files on our PCs.

  [The topics discussed at the 'Web Sites, Wikis and Blogs' will be continued
at a later session as the Internet blocking that hampered last month's session
will take some planning to overcome. General Internet access is still possible
and we will make use of this resource from time to time]

  Mike Bean

  Remember: New group members always welcome - an introductory e-mail would be
appreciated.