[tvservice] Re: tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • From: Bobalou Bobalou <bobaloub@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 08:37:26 -0700 (PDT)

??? I want to help but need a little more info...I've been seeing a lot of
vertical problems lately...a white line across the screen is no vertical sweep.

First try resoldering the pins on the vertical output IC...it's a large IC
mounted on a heatsink..but it's a good idea to look closely at all solder
connections...this is a common problem. Some sets will power down if there's a
short in the vertical output stage...on a philips I recently worked on it would
try to power on then shut off so I pulled out the vertical output IC and then
the set would power on...

Another common problem are the caps next to the IC there's usually 3-4 caps...I
most always just replace them they are cheap to replace and prevent a call
back.

As to that white resistor what kind of set is this?  Sony uses those white
fusiable resistors and I don't know what horz claps is?