[tvservice] Re: Orion TV problem

  • From: ralph miller <rgmiller2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 08:48:26 -0700 (PDT)

Kent,

I know you have probally tried this, but instead of flexing the board try
gently add pressure to the components around that coil. I have seen the coil
itself cause this problem. After removing it and resoldering it ( I made sure
out-of-circuit it was good.) it was working just fine. Another suggestion is to
follow the signal to see where it ends. Mine ended at the coil. Just a few
thoughts. Also I have access to Funai schematics, so let me know if you need
any. I am going to add them to CD now that I have my computer running again.

Ralph

Kent Dillin <kent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
tvservice List
I'm working on a Orion TVCR1321 television with a funny problem.
The audio cuts in and out when I flex the board.
If I flex the board so that the audio is off, I can gently touch the outside of
an shielded inductor located on the board and the audio will come back on.
The audio on the VCR section is "OK".
This inductor is located near the tuner and close to the audio power amp , so I
assume it is in the audio section.
I have resoldered most of this section.

Any Help

Kent D Dillin