[tvservice] Re: New Post--Fuse keeps blowing; Dead TV

  • From: "Mike Selnick" <selnick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 19:56:35 -0400

Looked like a nice call at first.  I disabled B+, gave it a new fuse,
plugged into 120vac, and the fuse did not blow.  The horizontal output
transistor emitter and collector outer leads both seemed to be shorted to
ground on the ohmmeter.  After I removed the transistor, I did some ohmmeter
checks on it:  Emitter to collector reads 7k ohms, emitter to base reads 5k
ohms, and base to collector reads infinity.  (Reverse ohmmeter polarity
gives infinity for the same three readings.)

Do you still think it's a bad transistor or that other faults are grounding
the emitter and collector?