[turleymill] Firewise: No Burn Petition Update

  • From: Dayton Johnson <dayton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: turleymill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 10:43:08 -0600

Update: We received 61 signatures from members of the Gallina Canyon, Deer Mesa and Turley Mill Firewise Communities requesting that no burn permits be issued until a safer time.  The drought continues, the forest is very dry and best to wait for more moisture and snow on the ground before burning.  The petition was submitted to the Taos County Fire Marshal on Friday, 8/14 who will be consulting with the County Fire Chief and Hondo Seco District Chief.  We should have a response this week or next.

Dayton