[tugs] Job for Geographer
- From: v.domitrovic@xxxxxxxxxxx
- To: tugsgeneral@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 13:20:09 -0400
Executive Assistant/Project Co-ordinator required for busy planning
specialises in developing non-profit and affordable housing in
Ideal position for recent graduate available immediately, looking for
- strong research skills and writing ability
- interest or experience in non-profit sector, housing or urban planning.
- ability to multi-task in a busy office environment
- ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as
a member of a diverse
- flexibility and willingness to learn/perform a variety of tasks
- punctuality, reliability and professionalism
- able to deal with a wide range of people from diverse
cultural and religious backgrounds
- 3 or 4 year undergraduate degree, preferably in General Arts,
Geography, Sociology, or
- Preparation and submission of grant proposals, requests for funding.
- Liasing with our client who are directors of non-profit
housing corporation, various
municipal departments, government agencies, private lenders.
- Preparation and monitoring of municipal development approval
applications and planning
- Overall project co-ordination (retaining professionals to
prepare technical reports,
co-ordination of project team members, scheduling of key tasks etc.)
- Progress reporting to funding agencies
- Assistance with the preparation of feasibility studies,
reports, capital budgets etc.
- Various research and writing duties
- General office tasks as required (preparing correspondence,
Ideal candidate will be a recent university graduate looking for
experience and possessing an interest in affordable housing and/or
probationary period will lead to signing of two-year full time
Self-motivation, the ability to prioritise tasks, and the flexibility
to perform general
office duties when required are key components for success. Drivers
license and some
French Language skills an asset.
Please forward covering letter and resume, including references, by email to:
Due to the volume of applications, only those selected for an
interview will be contacted.
TUGS GENERAL ANOUNCEMENT MAILING LIST - www.geog.utoronto.ca/info/tugs
Email TUGS: tugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or visit the TUGS office in the basement of
Sidney Smith Hall, Room 613
Other related posts:
- » [tugs] Job for Geographer