[tssg-tech] Re: web developers Monday subgroup meeting and Musicians Manager Status

  • From: David DEMUTH <ddemuth777@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tssg-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 08:01:09 -0400

HI Dorrie,Thanks for your comments! I am running Win XP. I will read your notes
and probably reinstall XAMMP.
Did you get the application to run in the end?
I appreciate your help,David D.

From: dorriebartels@xxxxxxxxx
To: tssg-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tssg-tech] Re: web developers Monday subgroup meeting and Musicians
Manager Status
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 07:47:11 -0400

David, You can go through the security set up from the XAMPP for Windows page;
however, even going that route I find that eventually the system locks up on
me.  My only solution at that point is to uninstall and reinstall XAMPP, a
process I’ve gotten quite good at.  I’ve attached my notes; however, they are
VERY rough.  Also, If you are trying to install on Windows 7 I have found with
other software that can cause glitches using the default installation not
encountered on the 32-bit systems.  I have not fully explored that with XAMPP,
but I plan to look into it for my lockup problems. Good luck, Dorrie From:
tssg-tech-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tssg-tech-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of David DEMUTH
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2012 12:10 AM
To: tssg-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Manager Status Hi Jim,Thanks for your advice! I did  find out about  the
default "root" username with no password, but still got the error. Can I change
permissions without being logged in? It seems like a catch 22! It is probably a
small detail.I will look at the MYSQL client and see if I can make progress
with that.Thanks again,David D.From: cant_jim@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: tssg-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Manager Status
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 23:45:03 -0400You need to provide the MySQL server with
a user name and password to get connected.  The user needs to have the
appropriate privileges for the operations it wants to perform.

You could either try logging in as root or create a new user (for which you
need to log in as root).

I'd tell you how to do this with myPHPAdmin if I knew how to do it.  In my set
up I run the MySQL command line client and do everything through that tool.
The client is $MYSQL_HOME/bin/mysql.exe.

Good Luck; hope this helps.

JimFrom: ddemuth777@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: tssg-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Manager Status
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 23:35:41 -0400Hi, I am  planning to attend Monday.
Although I have all the software installed on a laptop, I get an error with
MySQL saying I am not logged in and can;t run the scripts to create and
populate the database. Any ideas or solutions about this error anyone?
Thanks,David DeMuthddemuth777@xxxxxxxxxxx From: cant_jim@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: tssg-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Manager Status
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 11:02:24 -0400I'm planning on being there.

JimDate: Fri, 18 May 2012 17:08:06 -0400
Manager Status
From: esbroadwin@xxxxxxxxx
To: tssg-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Andy! Our objective for this subgroup meeting
(Monday, 5/21/2012, 1:00 - 3:00 PM, Acton Public Library, upstairs conference
room) is to have Ron Smith lead us in a working session to get interested
programmers started on development of Musicians Manager user stories that are
similar in functionality to the ones Ron has already developed.  Those user
stories are: 13, 1, 3, 5, 6, 9, 15, 16.   If you plan on attending, please
of XAMPP, Eclipse, Tortoise SVN, and one of the following browsers:  Internet
Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari.  If you have a laptop with the development
environment set up, please bring it to the meeting.     It might be helpful to
review Ron's database schema planning document (attached, also available on the
wiki) prior to the meeting. Please let me know if you have any questions,
comments,  or need additional info.   Ed On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Andy
Leuper <aleuper@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:Hi Folks, I have booked the upstairs
Conference Room at the Acton Library for Monday May 21 from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
This is for the programmers' subgroup meeting for the Musicians Manager web
project.  There is a projector available for us to use and project onto the
wall. The agenda will be as discussed at last Wednesday's TSSG Group meeting.
If you missed the meeting but are still interested in doing software
development for the web project you are welcome to attend.  Questions about the
agenda should be directed to Ed and Ron. Regards, --Andy