[tssg-tech] EventBOSSUI updates

  • From: Julie Carwellos <jcarwellos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TSSG <tssg-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 07:03:42 -0700 (PDT)

After hand to hand combat with svn (locked EventList.java) I have made some
updates.

The files in EventBOSSUI have been updated to respond to the lifecycle calls of
an app. No code has been moved into these methods (onPause, onRestart, onStart,
onDestroy, etc) but each displays a toast when called. It's interesting to see
how often each is called, in what order and when.

Also, the list item icon for each item now responds to taps separately from the
rest of the item. Currently it shows only a toast. Had to go to a lot of
forums/blogs/etc to get it to this point.

Next step is to firm up the code so it's passable for publishing, and to move
it into the EventBoss project. Important to note that our integration plan
(RSS, Database, UI) hasn't yet been finalized. Perhaps we could discuss that on
Wednesday?

Thanks,
-julie

Julie (Dingee) Carwellos
Web and IT Project Analyst, User Experience and Interaction Designer
LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/in/jdingeecarwellos