[triadtechtalk] Re: Kodak digital camera woes

  • From: "Sandy O'Neill" <muruagogo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 14:36:31 +1000

Hi all
When I try to check system information, it brings up Norton Utilities 2002
System Information. Now thats annoying because I uninstalled NU a very long
time ago (actually when I installed XP). Anywhow, my point is that I dont know
where to go to check forced hardware or conflicts.
Now, I have fathomed something out but cant explain why. I tried using a
different USB port (which I had done previously) and no change. Then I
completely uninstalled the kodak software again and then just plugged the
camera in (via its usual USB port) and hey presto the Windows box comes up
asking what programme do I want to use to view the pictures. Unfortunately, it
didnt list many, not even Irfanview, so I had to choose the Windows Camera and
Scanner Wizard. It all worked okay and I could download the photos to wherever
I wanted. However, I could only view them in the Windows Picture Viewer (or
whatever it is called). I did notice though that when the camera did connect
this way, an H drive did not appear in Windows Explorer; the camera just showed
as DX 4330 digital camera as the last entry under My Computer just above where
it says My Network Places (hope you understand that vague description).
Then I downloaded and installed the kodak software again and it was back to the
old problem. No transfer, H drive appears etc etc.
Now I hope you can work that out for me, cos I sure cant !!!
Thanks everyone for your input, look forward to hearing from you.
Sandy :)