[triadtechtalk] Re: I would like to find the place where you found the answer

  • From: avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:32:27 -0700 (PDT)

I don't mind helping out at all, Lewis.

Venturing out on your own will grow this list's assets
- the more we all know, the better for all.

Who said that..., the 3 musketeers...?

Here is the link to where I found that info on OE in XP
not saving the password, under the heading GnomeTips:

http://www.lockergnome.com/issues/daily/20030507.html

But since mailing you that info I also found this in
Microsoft's Knowledge Base:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q264672

or  http://redirx.com/?50g

HTH,
armando
--------------------
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:36:14 -0700, "Lewis & Becky
Kincaid" wrote:

> Armando
>
> I would like to find the place where you found the
> answer about Outlook
> Express... If you would Please...
>
> That is unless you want to keep it a secret and just
> keep finding the
> answers for me all of the time... *smiling*
>
> skyhawk

person
> > experiencing your problem. I think this I found in
> > LockerGnome's "Tips" included in their Daily
version:

> > Here it goes:
> >
> > BEGIN EXTRACT
> > ------------------------
> > Windows XP Home, and my Outlook Express doesn't
> > remember my e-mail password. I have checked the
"Save
> > password" checkbox, but Outlook Express still
doesn't
> > remember my password. What is the problem and what
can
> > I do to fix it?
> >
> > Answer: The problem is that your Windows Registry
> > doesn't have the correct information for the
Protected
> > Storage System Provider subkey. I will warn you that
> > this fix will involve having to edit your registry.
> > That being said, I would suggest that you back up
this
> > registry subkey before you edit it. To do this,
click
> > Start | Run, type "regedt32" (sans quotes), and
click
> > OK. Now you need to navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER \
> > Software \ Microsoft \ Protected Storage System
> > Provider" (sans quotes) and then click File |
Export.
> > From here, just type in a file name you'll
recognize,
> > and in the "Save In" box navigate to a familiar
place,
> > like My Documents or My Desktop, and click Save. You
> > have successfully backed up this registry key.
> >
> > Since we are already at the proper key in the
> registry,
> > we might as well continue on from here. Click Edit |
> > Permissions. Ensure that "Read" and "Full Control"
> > permissions are both set to "Allow" for the account
> you
> > are logged in as. Now, click the Advanced button to
> > ensure that the user that is currently logged on has
> > Full Control listed in the Permissions column, and
> that
> > This Key and Subkeys is listed in the "Apply To"
> > column. If not, then just click Edit to add the
> > appropriate permissions. Make sure there is a check
in
> > the checkbox next to "Replace permission entries on
> all
> > child objects with entries shown here that apply to
> > child objects." From here, click the Apply button,
and
> > then click "Yes" when you receive a prompt to
> continue.
> > Click the OK button until you get back to the
Registry
> > Editor. Now, expand the Protected Storage System
> > Provider registry key and delete the user subkey
> > folders listed inside. The user subkey folder should
> > have a name like:
> > S-1-5-21-124525095-708259637-1543119021-16701. You
can
> > delete the folder by clicking on it, and then
clicking
> > Edit | Delete.
> >
> > The next step is to close the Registry Editor and
then
> > restart your computer. When your computer comes back
> > up, you will want to re-enter your password in
Outlook
> > Express. Open Outlook Express, and if you get a
login
> > error, then just close the dialog box and continue.
> > Once in Outlook Express, click Tools | Accounts. In
> the
> > Internet Accounts window, click on the Mail tab.
> Choose
> > your e- mail account where the password needs to be
> > re-entered, and then click the Properties button. On
> > the Server tab, type your e-mail password in the
> > Password box and put a check in the checkbox next to
> > "Remember password." Now, click OK and close all the
> > way back to the main Outlook Express window. Go to
the
> > File | Exit to close Outlook Express. The next time
> you
> > open Outlook Express, you shouldn't have the
password
> > problem anymore; just click the Send and Receive
> button
> > to test this. [Brian]
> > -------------------------------------
> > END EXTRACT
> >
> > HTH, skyhawk.
> > armando.
> >
> > On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 10:54:10 -0700, "Lewis & Becky
> > Kincaid" wrote:
> >

> > > I have a HP Pavilion 510n with windows XP and
> 510mb...
> > > I use Outlook Express
> > > 6.0
> > >
> > > And for some reason, it will no longer save my
> > > password. I have to reenter
> > > it over and over.. Even thought I have the box
> checked
> > > fro saving the
> > > password for all 3 accounts...
> > >
> > > So every time it checks my mail.. I have to
re-enter
> > > the password..
> > >
> > > Any idea's as to what is causing this or how to
> > correct
> > > this from
> > > continuing????
> > >
> > > Skyhawk