[triadtechtalk] Re: Another Vexing Problem

  • From: "Bruce Eddy" <beddy1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 23:47:48 -0500

Amen Chuck….A very smart lady once told me Simple= Good. That would be the same
lady that’s still running Vista on her laptop.:))) I can’t imagine trying to
keep track of what features 32 versions of Linux have? But, I suppose, like me,
if someone has a question about version 27, you could boot into that to see
what the person is talking about? Except I do it with virtual machines…

And Brian…it stands for Piece of ehhh ‘stuff’??? (use your imagination?)))

From: brian <brian99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [triadtechtalk] Another Vexing Problem
To: "TriAdTech" <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, January 25, 2012, 5:12 PM

Hello to all TTT members,

I have encountered a problem that seems basic but I simply can't solve it no
matter what I try.
I hope someone has experience with this problem.

I am using W7 64Bit with Firefox.

The problem involves not being able to install Adobe Flash Player.

When displaying web pages there are sections missing.
E.G, this message is displayed when I go to this site to display a chart:
http://tinyurl.com/895j5ll

So I then click the message and it displays this:

--------------------------------

Then when I click to find the missing Plug In it finds it: Flash Player:

So hopefully I click and expect it will install the plug In.
All looks promising as it starts to install. . . .

But then it stops updating and displays this message stating that Firefox has
disabled Flash:
Check Your Plug-ins

Keeping your third-party plug ins up to date helps Firefox run safely and
smoothly.
Missing FLASH?

For your safety, Firefox has disabled your outdated version of Flash. Please
upgrade to the latest version.
Adobe Flash Player
Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.55 (7.74 MB)

It takes me to a Plug In page indicating the Java is outdated so  I update both
the 32 and 64 bit version of Java.

So I update Java but it didn't help at all; the same problem exists.
When I try to install Adobe Flash Player this is displayed and the entire cycle
is repeated :

My system is a dual boot with Win7 and Vista; could that be a problem even when
only using Win7?

I hope someone has an idea what could be causing this.

Thanks for any help.

BRIAN

PNG image

PNG image