[tor] Re: two potential typos, question about membership

  • From: Moritz Bartl <moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 00:00:38 +0100

On 02/16/2014 08:29 PM, klaus wrote:
> In your blog post "Traffic Stats December 2010" [1]
> you write "92.7 TB in / 91.7 GB out".
>
> If I understood TOR correctly, then both numbers should be either
> together in the TB range or both in the GB range, but not apart by the
> factor of a thousand.

Yes, thank you. That should obviously be TB both times, as indicated by
the linked graph. Small differences between up and down are to be
expected, but they should be more or less equal, yes.

> Similar, I guess in your German "Satzung" [2] a typo confused the
> following sentence:
> "Die Organe des Vereins sind der Vorstand die Mitgliederversammlung."

Correct version is "Die Organe des Vereins sind der Vorstand _und_ die
Mitgliederversammlung."

I will fix both typos asap.

> How is the association's current policy about new members?
> "The more the better"?
> "Only if you come to the annual gatherings."?
> "Be someone we know before you consider joining."?

The only issue we have is that we ideally have at least a third of all
members attending the association meetings to be able to make decisions
(according to §8.3). We're not actively hunting for more members, as for
this project it is more important to be able to make decisions in the
group quickly. In my experience, more members does not necessarily mean
more activity. If you have plans to contribute actively, you're welcome
to do so regardless of your membership status, and if you want to
contribute monetarily, you can do so more "easily" with a donation.
Personally, I do prefer knowing the people before, yes. I will be in
Berlin some time in March, maybe we can meet up?

Thanks for your interest!

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/