[tor] Re: press release wrong link

  • From: Moritz Bartl <moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 09:21:24 +0100

Hi,

On 05.03.2011 08:43, tagnaq wrote:
>> The press release is all plain text without any URLs?
> Well I see a PDF file which contains at least one "clickable" URL.

Not in the text. I spent several hours of submitting it to various
(German) press release websites. Only one of them allowed to attach the
PDF, all the others only accepted plaintext. Also, I sent it to various
(German) newspapers and tech blogs by email. I don't like HTML emails,
so plaintext there too.

The clickable link you are referring to is not part of the press
release, but of the contact information. Most press release websites
have a profile for that, ie. you submit it seperately, and it will be
put below all the press releases. That's part of why it doesn't include
any "article specific" links.

Feel free to edit the wiki page and link TPO and Access Now where
appropriate. The wiki page was created last.

Also, to hint you towards IRC again, the press release was discussed
there. You can voice your opinion on the English press release, too:
https://pad.telecomix.org/vavdovan
You are right about mailing lists being excellent for referencing and
longer discussions, but it is not appropriate for chats and "realtime"
discussions.

I don't want to spam subscribers by work in progress. Yes, we need a
separate spammy "-dev" mailinglist. If you want to help setting up
dedicated mailinglists on our servers, contact me on IRC (gamambel) or
Jabber.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/