[tor] maumau - low throughput

  • From: tagnaq <tagnaq@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 04:51:41 +0200

On 04/04/2011 12:46 AM, Moritz Bartl wrote:
> On 04.04.2011 00:23, tagnaq wrote:
>> The t-n media node seams to be stable, or didn't that host cause any
>> abuse inquires yet?
>
> So far we haven't recieved any complaints through t-n-media.
> We pay 199 Euro for "dedicated Gbit"

This is cheaper then we state in the wiki and they state on their
website (249,99 EUR)
http://www.t-n-media.de/root_psze2.php
Was this a special offer for torservers.net?

> but their peering doesn't seem to
> be very good. 199 Euro is expensive for less than 100mbps:
> http://maumau.torservers.net/vnstat_d.png

I see...
Is the low throughput only caused by the hoster or could it also be the
case that Tor is just not using more of the available bandwidth?
03/11/11 had an average of 266Mbit/s

Does a regular download from the server (scp, ftp) confirm the
assumption that the low throughput is caused by the hoster? (excluding
Tor as the problem)

Would it be an option to open the exit policy a bit at that server to
see if that would increase the bandwidth usage?