[tor] Re: Zwiebelfreunde takes over onion.to Tor gateway

  • From: Moritz Bartl <moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 12:43:06 +0200

Hi,

Thanks Griffin, Nastase and Sven for your support for this!

I agree that it does not matter much where we buy the cert from. That's
why I wanted to use StartSSL: $60 per year for *unlimited* wildcard
certificates. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, they blacklist
onion.to, and have not replied yet as to why. I want to wait a few more
days to see if we can get the ban lifted.

So far, I have spent $135 on onion.to for 3 years ($45/year domain
registration). I paid for this from my own pocket, as it is not fair to
take it from the money we have in our account from people donating for
Torservers/Tor exits. If you want to donate for onion.to, you can do so
here: https://www.torservers.net/donate-zwiebelfreunde.html

I'll keep you posted!

--
Moritz Bartl