[tor] Zwiebelfreunde takes over onion.to Tor gateway

  • From: Moritz Bartl <moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tor2web-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 19:40:25 +0200

Hi!

The previous owner of onion.to does not have the time to maintain his
famous onion.to Tor gateway any longer. At OHM, we managed to find two
ISPs that want to sponsor servers, Greenqloud and CINIPAC, as well as
Marc, a member of Zwiebelfreunde who has my explicit trust and who will
maintain the servers for us.

So far, we have transferred the domain, set up mail (free zoho.com for
now), and installed the first server. We still don't have the wildcard
certificate previously used by onion.to, and we might want to move to a
new one anyway -- if you want to sponsor a wildcard cert or know how we
can get one, please let me know.

onion.to is currently down. I wanted to set up a "under maintenance"
using a free non-wildcard StartSSL cert, but StartSSL has blacklisted
onion.to (!).

Thanks to everyone involved!

--
Moritz Bartl