[tor] Updates

  • From: Moritz Bartl <moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 16:54:59 +0100

Hi!

* www.codero.com donated a 100mbps Tor exit!
The IP range should be SWIPed and RDNS set properly soon. We're still
testing the setup, so for now we're only allowing port 443 to exit.
http://torstatus.all.de/router_detail.php?FP=C67622A01D8D3B742A14506CD446342993C20FE3

It is named "wau", after Wau Holland:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wau_Holland

If you have donated to Torservers previously, you are obliged to suggest
more names. :-)

* defaultroute.net donates 2*20mbps relays!
Working on setting them up.

* 100tb.com
Haven't heard from them despite multiple inquiries. We are currently in
contact with evoboxes.net (NL), directspace.net and wizzsolutions.com
(USA) to replace our Softlayer 100TB exit.

* Donations
We have accumulated around 1500 Euro to spend on fresh Tor traffic.

* Non-profit Organization
Sadly, the tax authorities have rejected our initial draft for a
statute. They told us that teaching about privacy is not 'serving the
public good' and thus not charitable. I am certain that we will get it
through, but it will take more time than expected.
For the current version of the statute (in German), see
http://www.wiredwings.com/wiki/Satzungsentwurf_Verein

Thanks to all donators and sponsors! Without you, we would not exist.
--
Moritz Bartl
http://www.torservers.net/