[tor] Re: Torservers Update

  • From: Moritz Bartl <moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 20:59:02 +0100

Hi,

> Oh, you are going for such formal approach? Is this really necessary?
> I do not see any benefits from that?

I hope it's not necessary, but I think it's good for everyone to have
some rules on paper. It's not a lot of work, I don't see how one
signature could be a "big overhead". I want to make sure everyone knows
that we do not sniff any traffic, and it's important to know that the
people responsible for the servers don't do anything potentially
harmful. If I reply to an abuse mail, I have to be sure that the traffic
is originating from the Tor network, and not something else running on
the machine. If you donate, you want to make sure your money goes into
non-monitoring exit nodes.

Moritz