[tor] Re: Torservers Update

  • From: Mitar <mmitar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 03:44:37 +0100

Hi!

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Moritz Bartl <moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I understand the controversy and strongly support diversion, but in this
> case I think an "umbrella organization" will work. The servers will be
> "contracted" to individual administrators, with periodical checks and a
> contract penality if conditions are violated (strictly no traffic sniffing
> etc).

Oh, you are going for such formal approach? Is this really necessary?
I do not see any benefits from that?

Why not have a simple informal "umbrella organization" which helps and
encourages local groups to organize. They could then collect donations
themselves or they would collect donations by umbrella organization
which would forward them money if they keep the server up or do not do
any other problematic things? Why would we need contracts and some
real formal umbrella organization? I see this as big overhead.

Mitar