[tor] Swiftway: Tor Server Custom Build

  • From: grarpamp <grarpamp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 05:43:42 -0500

>> We have no problem with TOR as long as there is nothing illegal done
>> against our TOS/AUP
>
> Do they understand what a Tor exit is and what it does?  Or, once in
> operation, are they going to come back and say it violates TOS/AUP?
>
> Also, does Torservers have sufficient income/reserves to handle $499/month?

It's not just the per month, they're asking for 1yr terms
upfront. To risk that based on their iffy description of
Tor acceptance above seems not a good idea.

I'd forward the Tor project page to them, explicitly
tell them you expect to encounter DMCA, cracking,
CP, abuse, etc, on what frequency, and to handle it.
And make sure their CEO/VP or some officer knows
and puts it all in writing as ok. Sure, then if the price
is good, sign up.

Interesting mix of law/policy with the HQ in Poland
and half their DC in US.