[tor] Rokabear, Icelandic Hosting for Tor (was: Re: Re: Torservers Foundation Meeting Planning)

  • From: Moritz Bartl <moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 08:06:19 +0100

Rokabear was among the ISPs I have contacted recently. I should really
find some time to add more to the wiki :-(

"A 100 Mbit link unmetered is $1200 a month, billed on 95 percentile
usage. That is just bandwidth, not the server or anything else."

About Iceland: I talked to 1984.is, too, and yes, they said they wanted
to offer Tor hosting soon but don't seem to be able to properly limit
bandwidth usage yet.

I have also talked to the CEO at thordc.is. Quote 15.10.2010:

"We charge 700€ pr rack and that is with 16 Amps of power included. If
you need less than a rack we charge 20 € for each U, power included.
1Mbps is around 12€ pr month and 100Mbps is about 900€. We can provide
any HW you like. We have a reseller agreement with HP, Dell, IBM, EMC,
SuperMicro, NetApp, Cisco to name a few.

The virtual machine prices depend on the size but just to give you an
example:

CL-1C512M       Cloud Virtual machine 1 CPU core,  512 MB memory 20 GB disk
space   25€
CL-1C2G         Cloud Virtual machine 1 CPU core,    2 GB memory 20 GB
disk space      80€
CL-2C4G         Cloud Virtual machine 2 CPU core,    4 GB memory 20 GB
disk space      160€
CL-3C6G         Cloud Virtual machine 3 CPU core,    6 GB memory 20 GB
disk space      250€
CL-4C8G         Cloud Virtual machine 4 CPU core,    8 GB memory 20 GB disk
space   350€
CL-5C10G        Cloud Virtual machine 5 CPU core,   10 GB memory 20 GB disk
space   500€
CL-6C12G        Cloud Virtual machine 6 CPU core,   12 GB memory 20 GB disk
space   600€
CL-7C14G        Cloud Virtual machine 7 CPU core,   14 GB memory 20 GB disk
space   700€"

(someone, please add this to the wiki)
--
Moritz Bartl