[tor] Re: Rokabear, Icelandic Hosting for Tor

  • From: "Will Smith" <nood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 01:30:23 -0500

Hello again all,
Sorry for the absent communication but I finally caught up on all the email. I
specifically was interested in running a node out of Iceland because there
didn't seem to be any there yet. They also seem to be going through a political
upheaval that might lead to a good hosting environment. Personally I notice
that tor nodes suffer from a disturbing lack of geographic disparity. I'm also
looking into places that fit my criterion major submarine cable connection
hubs, such as Argentina. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I feel this
is the best way to gain WORLD-wide acceptance/recognition of tor before
countries can begin to legislate against hosting exit nodes.
These are just my thoughts of course.
-nood