[tor] Re: On the hunt for good colocation

  • From: Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 18:42:44 +0100

> It would be most awesome to find a resistant hoster and to get our own
> hardware some time in the future. I have been investigating a bit, and I
> came across Ecatel in the Netherlands, who does high speed colocation
> and is a known "bulletproof" hoster. For a dedicated Gigabit link, they
> charge around 750 Euro a month.
>
> If you have any suggestions or access to cheap server hardware, let me know.

I would recommend at least giving Leaseweb a look. They're pretty good
on pricing. I once asked them about running a tor exit node and they
at least claimed it was going to be okay by them as long as complaints
were dealt with. What that actually means in terms of what would
happen on the first complain is anyone's guess because I never started
the exit node (too much risk).

--
/ Peter Schuller