[tor] Information flyer for interested people. Your help please!

  • From: Bernard Tyers - ei8fdb <ei8fdb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 23:05:03 +0000

Hi all,

I am working on an info flyer for Tor Servers so they can be handed out at
conferences/events/where humans congregate.

I have a few questions:

1. In order preference, what are the top three ways people can help Tor servers?

So far I have - a) ISPs contributing bandwidth/hosting, b) people donating
money/coin/etc, c) people running Tor nodes. I am unsure about 3, but that’s
what I understand from the TorServers website. Is that right?

Any others?

2. Can an individual run their own tor node  and still be “part” of TorServers?

Eg: I run my own Tor node on a VPS I pay for myself. Can I be part of
TorServers, and still retain “control” over my node?

3. What does TorServers actually do?

So far I have - a) run (manage?) Tor nodes (exit and internal), b) run (and
manage?) Tor bridges private and public, c) handle abuse reports from other
parties.

I understand TorServers handles the abuse reports - but is that *only* for
nodes that it runs, OR can it also handle the abuse reports *I* receive as a
Tor node operator? (See above)

4. Is there a TorServers logo? Or is Moritz standing on a cliff the logo ;)
(Nice picture btw…)

I hope someone can help out or point me in the right answer. If I should post
this to the tor-talk list, please let me know.

Hopefully I can use this info then to produce a decent information sheet for
people.

Thanks!
Bernard

Bernard / bluboxthief / ei8fdb