[tor] Re: Hosting relays in the Netherlands

  • From: "Fabio Pietrosanti (naif)" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 16:03:35 +0100

On 3/11/12 3:05 PM, Moritz Bartl wrote:
> Depending on what you're able and willing to spend, a good approach
> would be to look for data centers, and ask there for potential partners.
> I wrote a small script that puts the GeoIP location of Tor nodes on a
> map, which is somewhat helpful in finding "empty spots". A good idea
> would be a script that extracts ASNs, sums up "their" Tor bandwidth, and
> then not go with those that already have a high bandwidth exit, but
> maybe some other AS in the same datacenters?

Woah, this would be a really cool approach!

And why not try to target from a geo-political view the diffusion of Tor
Relays rather than from ASNs point of view?

For example, are there at least a couple of Tor relay in each country in
the world?

If not, it would be an interesting "political achievement" to be able to
have the Tor network get present with it's node in all the countries of
the world :-)

So with your script it would be nice to have a list (updatable) for each
country in the world where there are Tor relay and where it's still missing?

-naif