[tor] Re: Hosting relays in the Netherlands

  • From: Julian Wissmann <julianwissmann@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 15:04:09 +0100

Hi,

we are with force Entertainment in the Netherlands. They are pretty expensive
compared to some other hosters we run nodes at, but we've never had problems
with them and they've been very determined in supporting us. Of the two nodes
we host there, they also sponsor one.

Generally speaking I wouldn't get a VPS for Tor Hosting. Its too easy to read
crypto keys from memory, then. Otherwise the Netherlands are a great place for
hosting. There are no legal issues as far as we're aware of and is usually also
cheaper (as in more bang for the buck) than Germany.
As always though finding the one hoster that is right for this is probably a
mixed bag in NL, too. We've tried evoboxes who've cancelled us, and then
NForce, which worked out great, but other than that we don't have any
experiences with hosters in NL.

Regards

Julian