[tor] Fwd: [liberationtech] Getting the word out: $10, 000 grant opportunity offered by a tech-friendly foundation

  • From: Moritz Bartl <moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 20:39:04 +0100

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: [liberationtech] Getting the word out: $10, 000 grant
opportunity offered by a tech-friendly foundation
Datum: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 14:33:40 -0500
An: liberationtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Liberation Tech Colleagues,

One of my much-loved clients has spun off a foundation to give out "grants
of both funds and technology to worthy nonprofits, providing assets with
which to increase their reach and visibility."

This foundation has a fun and sort of quirky approach to grantmaking.
Nonprofit applicants will be required to submit an original
four-to-eight-line poem that reflects the work or mission of the
organization.

The winning nonprofit gets $10,000, plus a song written and recorded by a
musician recently exonerated after years in prison, thanks to the Innocence
Project. There are also a few other grants, including a Blogger's Choice
Award; in that case, the blogger who inspires the most nonprofit
organizations to apply will have the privilege of selecting one to receive
$1,000.

The foundation is looking for bloggers to get the word out in early March
about these grants - on your personal blog or your organization's blog. The
blogging effort is open to anyone, and the grants are available to
nonprofits in the US, United Kingdom, and Canada.

If you're interested,  please send me an email off-list, and I'll arrange
for you to get more details.

I'm really excited about the foundation's grant program, and hope that
you'll help me get the word out!

Many thanks and best regards from Deborah

Deborah Elizabeth Finn
Strategist and Consultant
Technology for the Nonprofit and Philanthropic Sector
Boston, Massachusetts, USA