[tor] Re: Exit policy of torservers

  • From: Moritz Bartl <moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 16:33:26 +0100

Hi Klaus,

Those blocks were indeed enforced by our ISPs due to repeated complaints from these ranges. We usually avoid this by making it clear to people that it won't help much against the type of abuse they are seeing, because we only control a tiny fragment of all exit servers. So far, we were able to completely avoid bans of IPs or IP ranges across multiple ISPs.

I usually lift the IP ban again after a few months.

On 20.12.2011 11:43, Klaus Layer wrote:
Hi,

after several abuse messages from my ISP, I am tuning the exit policies of my
tor nodes and checked what torservers is blocking. I am interested to know
what was the reason for blocking 200.189.112.0/20 on saeed, hazare, manning,
bolobolo and 67.15.172.6 on zeller, morales.

Thanks,

Klaus

--
Moritz Bartl