[tor] Re: Current state of affairs regarding Torservers.net

  • From: Klaus Layer <klaus.layer@xxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 16:34:57 +0100

Moritz Bartl <moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 11.02.2011:
> We can:
> * go with Swiftway in a strategic moment and hope for the best (in terms
> of bandwidth and publicity)
> * run the first Icelandic exit for 12€/Mbps
> * go with a reliable 200 mbps in Germany for ~500 Euro/mnth
> * try FDC
> * look/wait for better offers

I suggest to make smaller nodes. When the number of supporters is growing  and 
the budget allows it, I would setup larger and more expensive nodes. 
800$/month is a lot of money and no one knows if the funding raises so much 
money. I makes no sense to setup a node that has to be shutdown after some 
months because it is too expensive.

Just my 5 cts.



Other related posts: