[torontocbm] Re: Website with PDFs of Magazines, Books etc

  • From: "David Haynes" <David.Haynes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 17:59:59 -0500

Unfortunately it is 100 times easier to cut the binding off when scanning
thousands of pages a day.

The Transactor Volume's 1, 2 & 3 were just stapled together so no damage is
done.

If the item in question has plastic binding, metal (pretty much any type) it
can be taken apart and scanned then put back together and nobody would be
the wiser.

Unfortunately my large scanner will not handle large pages 12x18 in color.
I can auto feed 12" x 18" sheets b&w only, no color :(  So schematics and
such come out great, but not good for magazines.

Hope that answers your question.

Oh and remember you can search thru whole directories of PDF files for
KEYWORDS.   So many people I talk to do not know about that.

Enjoy

David