[torontocbm] Re: SID effects code repository?

  • From: ppridham@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: "torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 03:10:57 -0400

All great info, thanks!

Paul Pridham

Sent from my iPod

On 2009-09-02, at 10:10 PM, DDP DDP <theddp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

you can also create your own instruments in goattracker. IT will teach you about register values. All instrument settings are directly input as register values, in hex. You can get the sid registers from the datasheet, and the values you can get by analyzing goattracker instruments.

BUt also, you can sample a sound from a sid, and then look at the waveform. You'll see exactly what the wavetable is doing that way.

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 9:49 PM, Lime Mack Grime <lime@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
madgarden wrote:

> Yeah, I'm basically looking for the SID register settings etc. for these instruments, so I can try to reproduce > them in my soft- synth engine.

"Earballing" it could be a lot of fun, but there's tools to help analyze SID instruments.

Try RanSID by Stephen Judd:   http://www.ffd2.com/fridge/ransid/

Something else you might want to look at is ICU64. It's an interesting program that was
announced a while back and just released yesterday.

Download:
http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/download.php?id=104095

Youtube video demonstrating ICU64:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjcvR5McmSg&feature=fvsr