[torontocbm] Re: Raspberry Pi Computer

  • From: Ernie Chorny <chorny@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 13:59:16 -0500

Hi Group -

what I find interesting about the Raspberry Pi is that running Linux it can host AROS (originally called Amiga Replacement Operating System) and that there is talk of porting AROS to the ARM processor so we might see a native version of what essentially is an Amiga system on this little computer.

Ernie

On 3/1/2012 11:00 AM, Leif Bloomquist wrote:
I was about to email the group with a link to the new Raspberry Pi
single-board computer.

At a mere $35 with plenty of power, it's ideal for hobbyists, and the
parallels with the Commodore 64 are obvious.   However, someone at the
Toronto Star has made the same observation:

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/1138709--35-computer-with-toronto-designed-software-sells-out-worldwide-in-minutes?bn=1

Pretty cool, didn't know the OS was developed here in Toronto at Seneca College.

Here are the project links.  Any thoughts?   I'll probably buy one
once the furor dies down.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi

Cheers