[torontocbm] Re: RasberryPI's order from Creatronic

  • From: Chiron Bramberger <chiron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 20:53:51 -0400

I was talking to the owner a few weeks ago and he mentioned that you need to
put yourself on the waiting list in order to be able to buy one when they
arrive at the store. I might be remembering that incorrectly.

Also he's probably not making any money off them . he is probably hoping you're
buying a bunch of other stuff while you're there. So don't expect any kind of
crazy deals well you're there.

Also don't use Siri when you set it to a different version of English for
example if you set it to be Australian.

Sent from my iPhone

On 2012-08-21, at 7:35 PM, ennio <ennioac@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Called them earlier today. Looks like they're not doing a group order right
now. Will ask again when I pop in and get mine.

Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 15:32:45 -0400
From: leif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ennio, thanks for the tip.   They show the Pi on their website (see below) but
the link is wrong.   Anyway, it would be interesting to find out if we could do
a group order, and I like to support the local dealers.  I'm in for one.

http://www.creatroninc.com/

-Leif

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 3:23 PM, ennio <ennioac@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
So I was down town for an appointment yesterday and stopped in to Creatronic to
pickup an Arduino shield. Didn't find the shield I was looking for (DOH! Anyone
have a spare that can take a composite video input?) but I did see that they
are taking orders for RasberryPI boards. I put myself down for one; should hear
back in about a month.

Leif Bloomquist
leif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.schemafactor.com

"But time and chance happen to them all." - Ecclesiastes