[torontocbm] Questions for the TPUG Board

  • From: "Ian Colquhoun" <icolquhoun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Toronto CBM List" <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 20:05:35 -0400

Hi Folks,

Since I'm a paid-up member of TPUG now since October or so, I've got
some questions that I hope someone from the board of directors will be
able to answer.

1. I'm interested in the official structure of TPUG. Is there a
document containing the latest version of the by-laws for the club? If
there is, is it available online? If there is not an electronic copy
available, can I get one so I can make it available?

2. Seeing as how the membership of TPUG pays dues, TPUG operates an
online store, and runs an annual show where admission is charged, I'd
like to see how we're doing money-wise. I'm interested to have a look
at the financial statements for the most current fiscal year-end (not
sure how TPUG structures their fiscal years), and up to the current
quarter of this year. If statements don't exist, could we have a look
at the balance sheet?

3. Are minutes of the board meetings kept? If so, are they available
online (or otherwise) to members? If not, why not?

4. Are newsletters still published regularly? I've received one around
the end of November I think it was (right before WoC anyway), but if
they're quarterly, we're due, no?

5. When is the TPUG AGM? Since there is a board of directors I'm
assuming there is an AGM where the slate of officers is reviewed,
nominations are brought forth, elections held, financial statements
presented, motions tabled/discussed/and voted on, club objectives and
direction discussed with the general membership, etc., etc. If there
isn't one, why not? Shouldn't there be?

Thanks,
Ian

--