[torontocbm] Re: Length of serial cable

  • From: Leif Bloomquist <leif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 11:25:33 -0400

I've got an IEC cable that is about 10 feet long, and it works fine.
Probably not to spec, but it does work.

The programmer's reference guide gives timings and levels for the IEC
bus, someone could probably take those numbers to derive the maximum
allowable cable length .  Or did Commodore give a spec somewhere?

-Leif

--
Leif Bloomquist
leif(at)schemafactor(dot)com

"It's better to light a candle, than curse the darkness." - Chinese Proverb