[torontocbm] Basic CGI

  • From: Chris Cunnington <cunnington@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 13:48:44 -0400

I feel I've been part of this club long enough to ask a pretty far out
question. How could you use Basic for CGI? Or basic HTML page creation?
Ideally it would be Commodore Basic 2.0 right out of my C64, but it's OK if
it's a variant. Liberty Basic is too far out. Chipmunk Basic has a page:

http://www.nicholson.com/rhn/basic/sample_programs/example.cgi.bas
http://www.nicholson.com/rhn/basic/

With a CGI on it. I know some of you wizards have used ML to create TCP/IP
headers for online C64 gaming, so perhaps you've encountered something that
allows Basic to be used for CGI or for HTML page creation. I'd want to run
this on a Linux RedHat server.

No need to answer now. I'll be at the meeting on Thursday, and at the
chicken shack between 6 and 6:30 pm.

Chris Cunnington