[torontocbm] Re: BBS questions

  • From: Leif Bloomquist <leif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 21:40:36 -0500

Rick Towns wrote:

Do you think any of those VIC-20 users are on the 'net?

You bet, there's a very active VIC-20 forum called "Denial" online at the following address. Plus many Toronto users are into the VIC still.

http://sleepingelephant.com/denial/

likely try and get my BBS back up and running! I'm going to look for my 5 1/4 floppies tonight - they must be in a box somewhere!

Awesome. Some of us were discussing the wackiness of running a BBS on a VIC-20 the other day, especially over Telnet, but nobody could think of any VIC-based BBS software!

Would you be willing to share/demo the BBS software you wrote? And most importantly, do you have the means of preserving the disks as D64 images? (X cable, etc) If not, let us know and someone will be able to help you out.

Regards,
Leif

--
Leif Bloomquist
leif(at)schemafactor(dot)com

"It's better to light a candle, than curse the darkness."