[tn-moths] year-to-date FOY Blount

  • From: Rikki Hall <sourpersimmon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 23:37:06 -0400

Hello all,

Below is a complete list of moths I've documented in Blount Co this year,
with Hodges numbers. I will try to keep my ID requests separate from my
FOY/BAMONA reports from here on out. Jean and Doug, I deeply value your
efforts to compile this data, enjoy being part of it and will try to do
whatever I can to ease your task. I also appreciate the help Dean, Rich and
others have provided with IDing my photos and teaching me names for
creatures I've mutely admired for years.

1/20/10 Phigalia denticulata 6659
3/25/10 Eutrapela clemataria 6966, Phoberia atomaris 8588, Eupithecia
matheri 7509
4/4/10 Epimecis hortaria 6599, Palpita magniferalis 5226, Cissusa spadix
8592, Argyrotaenia velutinana 3597, Arogalea cristifasciella 1851
4/6/10 Hypena scabra 8465, Phyllodesma americana 7687, Eupithecia miserulata
7474, Zale lunifera 8713, Phaeoura quernaria 6763

There are others I can only ID to genus or family. Obviously I can not
provide Hodges numbers, but is it of any value to report, say, Pyreferra sp
for yearly records?

Rikki Hall
Rockford, Little River, Blount Co