[tn-moths] Re: tn-moths Digest V2 #280

  • From: Avian Pursuits Nature Tours <naturetours@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 08:22:37 -0800 (PST)

I have not been actively trying to identify moths for a couple months - it
takes
too much time!!! Maybe this winter. Hopefully I will get several figured out
and
post them here over the next few months.
I do have photographs of one reported in this message, but of the
caterpillar: Panopoda rufimargo, Red-lined Panopoda
You can see it here if interested:
http://bugguide.net/node/view/439660
This is from Monroe County on the Cherohala Skyway.
 David Trently
Avian Pursuits Nature Tours
...come see the real world!
Knoxville, TN
http://avianpursuits.com/

________________________________
From: "Jean Obrist" <innisfreehorses@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tn-moths] TN over 800 species
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 21:38:19 -0500

Carol Wolf has submitted a number of new moths to the TN list.  And a number of
new moths for Cannon County.  Cannon is now at 294 species.
TN has topped the 800 goal with 815 species.   And  more to come as we all find
more IDs.

Doug, these are the ones totally new to our TN list:
4681 Crowned Slug
4699  Parasa indetermina, Stinging Rose Caterpillar Moth
8587 Panopoda rufimargo, Red-lined Panopoda
2812 Olethreutes valdana    5804 Sciota rubrisparsella
      7292 Rheumoptera prunivorata
      3495    Ecdytlopha punctidiscana
      0882  Agonopterix robiniella
      0200.1  Prodoxus decipiens